You’re going to want to read this post carefully because I’m going to show you step by step exactly how to:
- Find your mommy voice
- Create a mom blog
- Get tons of people to your blog and content
- Profit with your content
First, you need to know who I am and why you should listen to me. I’m Ike Paz, a 37 year old man.
That’s right, I’m not even a Mom; or a Dad for that matter! Yet, I started a successful and profitable website called Print My Baby Shower.
When I first started I had no idea about baby showers, I just knew there was a demand and I had to figure out how to feed that demand.
Just like you, I had to figure things out from scratch! Luckily, everything you need is written right here.
First Find Your Mommy Voice…
I know that sounds like a cliche but it’s true. I foolishly started my baby shower blog (at the time) with a fake female pen name because I was afraid nobody would read my content if they knew I was a 6 ft 200 lb man. I believed nobody would listen to me even though I did all the proper research on the subject.
After all, I wasn’t an expert. I’ve only been to two baby showers my whole life…
It wasn’t until I publicly revealed who I was that my fan base grew by leaps and bounds. I realized that I wasn’t an expert but instead I had my own unique view. All I had to do is listen to what my audience needed and give it to them, more on how to do this later…
That’s why I’m here to tell you that you don’t need to be an expert, just embrace your unique story and start creating content.
Finding your voice is easy, just eliminate who you’re not and pick the one that’s left. You might not know everything but you do know something the next person doesn’t know.
There are many types of mom blogs that you can choose from, here are some common themes:
- stay at home mom
- working mom
- funny mom
- single mom
- mom with special needs child
Pick one and you’re ready for the next step. Now that you found your unique voice we got to get your blog up…
Creating You Mom Blog Is as Easy as 1 – 2 – 3
Okay, I see a lot of mom bloggers out there with free blogs up. This is a terrible and big mistake. You need to have your own blog!
Why would you want to spend nonrefundable time creating amazing content for someone else? Don’t be fooled by the ‘free’trap. You’ll be wasting your precious time building another person’s castle.
Important Notice: Learn my method to profit daily online –
That’s right, these free sites will advertise over your content; and if they don’t like what you’re saying they can just delete your account without notice.
- Imaginary Problem #1: You might be thinking, it’s too expensive to start your own blog, but it’s not. You only need two things: a domain and hosting. Your average hosting costs about $4 a month and a domain name costs about $12 a year. That’s all the money you need to operate your own mom blog.
- Imaginary Problem #2: You might be thinking, it’s too difficult to create a blog. Wrong again, if you can click your mouse and write an email then you can create a beautiful professional looking blog.
The technology has made it simple enough that a fool like me can create a website in minutes. I’m sure you can do it too, here’s how:
- First go to a hosting service. I’ll be using Hostgator in the examples because they’re my provider. Choose the cheapest plan and pick a dot com domain that best explains your blog.
- Fill out the credit card info, email address and sign up.
- Check your email to get your hosting Cpanel access information.
- Login your Cpanel, scroll down and click “Quick Install“. Check out this infographic to see how it’s done:
Once you click ‘Install WordPress‘ go back to your email inbox. You’ll get another email this time for your blog’s access information.
You did it, your site is up! Just login, pick a theme you like and add some plugins. I wrote a detailed guide, with video, on how to set up your blog right here.
Special Note: If you really really need to, feel free to contact me.
Create Mommy Content People Can Find!
Everything is up & running, NOW WHAT?
Well, you gotta start creating epic mommy content on a weekly basis. You gotta create content people want, so that they can find it. Every second, millions of people are searching for all kinds of things on Google, it’s your job to tap into that river of searchable knowledge.
Example: Imagine you found out that ice cold green tea helps your baby’s aching gums. You should first focus on the problem then the solution.
No one online is searching for ‘Green tea And teething‘ but I know for a fact, that 880 people a month are searching for ‘baby teething remedies‘. You need to find the keywords that people are searching for and write about it.
You can find out what people in the Mommy niche are searching for by heading on over to Google Keyword Planner (It’s Free). It’s super easy to use and it’s where you should begin for content ideas.
Extra Guidance: I wrote extensively about keyword research (video included) right here.
You can type in all kinds of keywords to see what people are searching for. I usually go to niche related forums to see what problems I can help with. I then type in those problems into the keyword tool to see how many people a month are searching for those same problems.
The great thing about being a mommy blogger is that you can write about several different keyword categories. Here are some popular ones I found:
- Movie reviews
- Child product reviews
The amount of content and the amount of traffic is seemingly endless!
Now you know what to write about. You also need to make sure your content can be easily found by the search engines like Google and Yahoo. This process is called Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short.
There are two types of SEO; on page SEO and off page SEO.
For on page SEO, You just need to place your keyword in several different areas on your content:
- in your title
- a couple of times (3 or 4) in your post
- once in your image’s alt text
- in your tag
- and in your description
Make sure you always write naturally and don’t keyword stuff your articles. When you write content, write for your audience first and second for the search engines.
Extra Guidance: I also wrote about this very topic. You can find that post here.
Important Note: Your content’s title is very important. Make sure it’s attractive and make sure it includes your keyword. Instead of “My Baby Teething Remedy Tip” try “Fastest Baby Teething Remedy That Works“. Simply add powerful adjectives and result-focused words between your target keywords.
- Extra Tip: Why not start a YouTube channel to go along with your mommy blog. This is a great way to bring in even more traffic and profit. All you need is the video recorder on your phone. You can also use the last post you wrote as your video topic. For more information, check out this post.
Now you got a great piece of content that is SEO prepped, it’s time to tell people in your space about it.
Promote You & Your Mommy Content To the World!
Off page SEO is where the real magic happens. This is where you actively promote your content in the mommy community. You are going to promote it on mommy forums, blog communities and on your favorite social media channels. I’m going to show you how to get free press and others to share your content. This is how you get lots of traffic on a regular basis:
First lets build up your reputation online. These services are all free, just sign up:
These are sites where hungry reputable reporters and bloggers look for content sources. You’ll get daily emails with reporters asking questions, just answer questions that deal with topics you’re familiar with.
Little by little you’ll gain an online reputation as an authority in the mommy community with links pointing back to your mom blog.
Another free place to promote your mommy blog content is at:
- Top Mommy Blog Forum -They have a special section in the forum where you can promote giveaways, social media parties and reviews. Make sure you follow the rules and post valuable content.
Another great opportunity to get more followers and traffic is to sign up at ViralContentBuzz.com. They have both a paid and a free service. This is how the free version works:
- First, link VCB with your social media accounts like; Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Second, share other people’s content within your blog’s category. This will earn you points.
- Finally, post your content there and other people in your niche will share your content to various social media sites.
Again, this will bring in lots of traffic and build up your reputation in the mommy blogger community.
Important note: these are real reputable people sharing your content. Ann Smarty and Gerald Weber both run this service and they take pride in the level of quality control.
Extra Guidance: I wrote a lot more about this topic. You can find that post here.
Monetizing Your Mom Blog Correctly
First, You need to stick to writing content and building your audience. After you start getting regular amounts of traffic you can start thinking about monetizing your site.
There are three types of payment interactions that I have experience with:
- A Sell – someone buys something from you or your site. It can be your product or a commission based affiliate product. This can also be a service like review posts or content writing.
- Cost Per Action (CPA) – this is where you advertise an offer on your mom blog or on your email subscriber list. You get paid when someone you sent performs a specific action like signing up for a coupon site.
- Cost Per Click (CPC) – when someone clicks on an AD on your site, you get paid.
There are several ways to implement some or all of these monetization methods:
Adsense – this is where you place Google code on your mom blog. You get paid when people click on your AD. I would wait until I had at least 100 people a day visiting my site before applying.
Email Marketing – you can collect people’s emails when they land on your site with an optin box. Offer them something of value in exchange for their email. You’ll need an autoresponder for this. Once they opt-in, they’ll get their freebie. You then build a relationship with them via email; periodically sending them related product and CPA offers.
Selling Your Product – you set up an eCommerce store and get paid via paypal. This is what I ended up doing with Print My Baby Shower.
Sponsored Reviews – I don’t have much experience with this one but basically, you negotiate with a brand for a spot on your mommy blog. Payment varies depending on the size of your audience.
Work, Time And Patience Is All You Need…
You know have all the tools you need to successfully launch your mommy blog. Actually, you can launch any kind of blog in any kind of niche with the information you have here. You now know how to:
- Find your voice
- Get content ideas
- Write SEO ready content
- Promote your epic content
- Monetize your site or blog
Follow the steps and strategies carefully. I also provided extra guidance and video tutorials in the links above. Re-read this and take slowly if you have to…
This is not a sprint but a marathon….
Oh yea, if you absolutely have to and are completely lost then contact me here. Did I miss anything? If yes, please leave it in the comments section below.